Incentive Programs and Leasing Options make it easier to GO SOLAR with Harmon Solar.
APS offers Renewable Energy Incentive Program opportunities to homeowners and businesses who install various renewable energy sources. Amounts will vary based on the type of technology used and the scope of your project. For example, APS now offers homeowners $.60 per kWh incentive for grid PV Systems for their utility customers. This is down significantly from the 2011 $1.00 per kWh incentive. However, with the decrease in panel costs and the leasing programs now offered through Harmon Solar, you can still go solar for less money out of pocket than you would have paid last year.
Criteria for the APS Renewable Energy Incentives
Photovoltaics (PV) solar is one of the many solar technologies under APS Renewable Energy Incentive Program.
APS Renewable Energy Incentive Program eligibility:
- PV incentives may be de-rated based on expected performance
- Grid-tied residential PV: $0.60/watt;
- Off-grid residential PV (less than 5 kW): $1.50/watt DC
- Grid-tied non-residential PV up to 30 kW: $1.75/W
- Grid-tied non-residential PV over 30 kW: production-based incentive (PBI)
- Off-grid non-residential PV: $1.35/W DC or PBI
APS maximum incentive:
- PV: 50% of project costs. Up-front incentive payment is limited to $75,000
Eligible System Size:
- Minimum for off-grid systems: 5 kW
- Maximum for large PV: 2 MW
- PV systems must be installed by a licensed contractor holding one or more of the following certifications with the Arizona Registrar of Contractors: C-11, K-11, L-11. As a licensed contractor, Harmon Electric, Inc., the parent company for Harmon Solar, handles all solar installations.
Renewable Energy Tax Incentive for businesses Offered by Arizona
The Renewable Energy Tax Incentives Program (A.R.S. §41-1511) was established by the Arizona legislature in 2009 to promote the renewable energy industry in the state.
The goal of the program is to encourage business investment that will produce high quality employment opportunities and enhance Arizona’s position as a center for production and use of renewable energy products. The program accomplishes this goal by providing tax incentives to companies in the solar, wind, geothermal and other renewable energy industries who are expanding or locating in Arizona. The program offers two benefits; up to a 10% refundable income tax credit and up to a 75% reduction on real and personal property taxes.
Harmon Solar helps you make sense and get the most out of all incentive programs and Tax Credits
Harmon Solar wants you to get the most energy—and savings—out of your solar system. We’ll help you identify the qualifying rebates for your system, and even file the paperwork for you. Schedule a free solar consultation today to learn how much you can save through the many solar incentive programs available.