Conserving energy usage helps everyone. Below are some great tips to help you save energy and save money during Arizona’s hot months and high temps, which we all know continues through September.
- Close draperies on the sunny side of the house to block the sun’s heat.
- Turn down the A/C and turn on the fans to circulate air.
- Set the thermostat at 80 degrees or higher when you’re away.
- Change your air filters every 30 days.
- Change your lights to CFL bulbs – they last longer and use less energy.
- Insulate your garage doors with radiant barrier or even less expensive Styrofoam.
- If you haven’t already done so, install solar panels and get rid of that electric bill entirely!
How much will you save by installing solar panels? Find out with our FREE solar consultation.